You are here:
Build techniques, tips and tools.
Narrow it down:
Building Boards |
Depron foam sheet |
Foam Cutting |
Glass fiber covering |
Landing Gear |
Micro models |
Spad and coroplast/coroflute |
Vacuum bagging |
Vacuum forming |
free plans |
CNC Foamcutters |
- RC Groups building thread part 1
- Great documenting of the building process. In the authors words: "Trying to cover everything: This thread will hit on EVERYTHING I can possibly think of To make the model a sucsess for the "never-built-anything" guy (or gal) Covering selections of the mundane to the experienced builder, such as building-boards, Tool selection, Wood selection, etc., etc."
- RC Groups building thread part 2
- Part 2 of the build thread above.
- Flying Sites - R/C Aero Portal - TOP TIPS
- Some great general building, workshop and safety tips for modelers.
- Foamflyer's RC Tips
- Some great building tips, applicable to all models.
- Foamflyer's RC Airplanes
- Good general building advice, mostly for foamies.
- 3D printable planes
- Great article on something we'll see more of in future: 3D-printable planes.
- Airfield Models - Model Building Jigs, Fixtures & Alignment Devices
- Jigs and Fixtures allow the model-builder to construct accurate, well-aligned models. Most fixtures can be made by the average modeler.
- Airfield Models - How-To Articles for Model Builders
- How-To articles for model builders. Includes demonstrated construction and finishing techniques, tools you can make and miscellaneous topics.