You are here:
Aerial photography, telemetry, night flight, records,unusual models
Narrow it down:
Micro models |
Aerial photography |
Flying Wings |
Full Size |
Large models |
Night flight |
Props:Smoke, bombs, whistles |
weird models |
- BalloonCraft RTF Electric R/C Blimp
- Ebay store with nice lightweight blimps.
- 'Fly Electric' - Float Flying
- A great article on designing, building and flying with floats.
- $1.97 Floats - RC Groups
- Step by step tutorial on building your own floats for a Slow Stik from foam board.
- Skis and Floats
- Float and ski builds and information. Lots of good info here.
- Data - Free plans and great links on the web - RC Groups
- Most of these are not electric, but this is a great list of plans and links to float planes and waterplanes.
- AE-1 Silent
- An early sailplane with an electric motor on a retractable boom
- German site for solar-powered full-size gliders.
- RC Groups Discussion - 24 foot wingspan electric foam model
- Almost a full-scale Cessna, built out of pink foam and a big, big motor. Wow.
- 'Fly Electric' - Large Electrics
- A very long listing of large-scale electric models. Some great stuff here.
- Scratch Built 203" A-380 within one month - RC Groups
- This guy builds the most amazing large planes from styrofoam and vynil signfilm.
- This is one of the largest electric motors available. 12.5 kW
- RC Groups - Micro Thread Index
- A great listing of micro info.
- Plantraco's RTF Butterfly - Fly in your Livingroom!
- A tiny indoor micro airplane.
- Glowire Electroluminescent Wire
- EL wire can be used to create spectacular night-flying schemes.
- RC-CAM Projects: LED Calculator
- A resistor value calculator for connecting your LEDS to a receiver for power.
- Night Flying Slow Stick Build - RC Groups
- Great info on building a night flight system with leds for flying in the dark.
- Don's light, lamp and strobe site!
- A comprehensive site with details on rigging up lighting systems using LED's and strobes, among others.
- The Ornithopter Zone
- Great info with links, projects, stuff to buy, and more.
- RCU Magazine How-To - RC Smoke Smoke System
- Article on adding a smoke system to an electric plane.
- The RC Smoke has earned a reputation all over the world for safety and reliability. A complete range of non-toxic smoke products are available for your personal sky writing needs in rich white or colored smoke.
- New World Distance Records for Electric Powered Model Aircraft
- Electric sailplane (continuous power): 54.3 km. Electric heli: 4.85 km.
- World Altitude Record for an Electric Propelled, Radio Controlled Aircraft
- 2573 metres above launch point.
- Doc-U-Link links for scale modelers
- Doc-U-Link is designed with the scale modeler in mind. Doc-U-Link provides access to pre-qualified scale modeling resources on the web.
- Scale Aero
- A comprehensive, if confusingly laid out, site on scale modeling.
- adventurelounge.com - Early Aircraft Design
- Drawings taken from early patent applications for aircraft. Some scale ideas and lots of interesting, wacky designs.
- The 2004 edition of Solar Splinter
- Nice plane, but bad luck with the flights...
- Laser powered aircraft
- If you put the solar cells at the bottom, you can power an RC plane via a ground-based laser. Then you can keep it in the air for an unlimited time. Sounds like a great idea.
- Eagle Tree
- Telemetry and datalogging of flight commands and other conditions.
- Electronics - Datalogger
- A nice homebuilt datalogger for inflight logging.
- MicroPilot Small UAV Autopilots
- The MP2028g from MicroPilot is the world’s smallest full featured UAV autopilot. Capabilities include airspeed hold, altitude hold, turn coordination, GPS navigation, plus autonomous operation from launch to recovery.
- Inter-Ex Overview
- Inter-Ex is a contest for unusual, innovative designs. The real aim of Inter-Ex is to promote experimentation in model flying and the development of unusual flying objects by swapping experiences, ideas, suggestions and details of construction methods.
- X-PERIMENTAL WINGS, le site !!
- Experimental aircraft on show. Some really strange designs here.
- Aerocon Systems Descent Rate Calculator
- Given the mass and the area of the parachute, this handy calculator works out a rough descent rate for your parachute.
- THE TED BERETS
- Great site for making your own parachutes. Includes a calculator to create the chute shape.
- PARAMAX Modellfallschirmspringer
- A very professional-looking R/C skydiver with controls for release, chute deployment and steering. Very detailed.
- German producer of skydivers
- A good-looking radio control skydiver. Unfortunately, the site is in German.
- The Society of Antique Modelers is dedicated to antique and old-timer planes, originally designed for free flight.
- Lange Aviation
- Lange Aviation builds manned electric gliders. Very impressive.
- 1000 Aircraft photos
- Photos of 1000 aircraft. Great for looking for a next scale subject.
- Remote Control Aerial Photography Association
- RCAPA™ provides operational safety guidelines, best business practices, networking information and new technology information.
- AeroFred - Micro Indoor RC Airplane Models and Accessories
- AeroFred produces and sells exclusive and high quality micro indoor, peanut scale RTF and ARF model airplanes.
- Project-Robotic Samara, Autonomous Vehicle Laboratory, Clark School of Engineering, University of Maryland
- The Automous Vehicle Laboratory in the Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland, where a mono-wing helicopter is being developed as a UAV.
- Flying Green: The Possibilities And Challenges Of Electric Aircraft
- Several new electric planes are being launched. Two of the most interesting planes to fly recently are the E430 and the SkySpark.
- Aerosound RC Products
- Realistic engine sounds using a player and speaker. Mostly larger scale models, since the system adds about 8 oz to the plane.
- ArduPilot is a full-featured autopilot based on the Arduino open-source hardware platform. It uses infrared (thermopile) sensors or an IMU for stabilization and GPS for navigation.
- WowWee FlyTech Bladestar -- Engadget
- Indoor flying toys aren't hard to come by these days, but WowWee's newest looks interesting.
- DIY Drones
- The largest amateur Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) community on the web.
- DEMENTOR building a home solar powered UAV
- Interesting project. This is still in the beginning stage, but shows promise.
- Festo AirJelly -- Engadget
- We'd explain this thing, but we're really having trouble taking our eyes off of it long enough to string some full sentences together.
- RC Lite Systems
- RAM provides lighting systems that run off 9v batteries.
- Super Bright LEDs – LED Lights, Bulbs, and Accessories
- LED lights, components and LED products. All products are available for purchase online.
- Flying boat design - Ivan's plans
- Flying off water is fun, but there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind when converting a plane to floats.
- Balsa Wood Airplanes - Toy Airplanes - Paul K Guillow Inc
- Small, mainly free flight models. Some of these would be great micro rc models.
- 6.25g Micro Helicopter - RC Groups
- 6.25g Micro Helicopter: This is about as small as it gets.
- A quadrotor microheli weighing in at 20 grams.
- autopilot: Do it yourself UAV
- Autopilot for model helicopters, with 3 axis IMU/INS GPS
- Fly RC - Make Your Own Park Flyer Floats
- These simple foam floats are very easy to make in an evening and are suitable for many lightweight park flyer type models.
- How to make an actuator
- How to make an actuator ( step by step )
- Glow in the Dark
- Glow Inc. provides glow in the dark paints, great for night flying.
- Whimsical flyers
- Whimsical flyers, mostly foam creations. They fly, but they sure don't look like airplanes!
- Scale decals for downloading
- Cool scale decals for downloading.
- The Flying Giants
- Large scale aerobatics.
- plan 3-vues
- 3-views of loads of planes for scale modelling.
- Plantraco's Micro R/C Online Catalog
- Plantraco sells micro gear and planes
- float flying links
- List of links for float flying.
- Cold Sawn Cores
- Float building tutorial
- Thrust Vectoring Made Easy
- Interesting modification to a foamy for motor thrust vectoring
- Flying wing mania. What can I say? Information on flying wings to keep you busy for a long time.
- 14 nights in the air
- QinetiQ announced that it returned Zephyr, its solar powered high-altitude long endurance (HALE) Unmanned Air System (UAS) back to earth after two weeks in the air – smashing a number of long-standing official and unofficial world records.
- Lazertoyz RC Light Systems
- Good lighting systems.
- Birdkit Store
- Online store selling flapping-wing aircraft.
- This project started in 2004 under a contract with European Space Agency to study the feasibility of a Martian Solar Airplane. This system, named Sky-Sailor, is fully autonomous in navigation and power generation.
- Full-size electric assist gliders