You are here:
Great info sites, link pages, humor, videos
Narrow it down:
Beginners info |
Great information sites |
- RC Groups - Six Keys to Success for New Pilots
- Keeping these six things in mind should make your first flights much easier.
- What Plane to recommend as a 1st Plane ?
- Reviews of beginner/trainer planes, with some general advice on what to look for in a trainer plane as well.
- RC Groups - Which ready-to-fly kit?
- RTF electric parkflyers for beginners. If you are looking for your first
plane, you should find something here to pique your interest.
- A BASIC GUIDE
- A guide for people switching from glow to electric.
- Model Aviation: From the Ground Up
- A great set of articles by Bob Aberle.
- A short but practical guide to RC flying for beginners.
- Alan's Modelling links
- A long listing of all kinds of hobby and modelling links. One of the starting points for modeling info.
- Lots of great information on electric flight. You can add to the info on the site, or change and correct existing information.
- RC Plane Guide
- the RC Plane Guide is a good resource with tips on building and flying RC airplanes and helicopters.
- You Might Be An RC Modeler If
- That just about says it all.
- Glossary of Airplane Terms
- A comprehensive glossary.
- RCU - ETOC 2005
- Videos of the Electric Tournament Of Champions routines. These guys can fly! The first video in the list is an excellent example of variable pitch prop maneuvers.
- Daffy Definitions
- Some funny aviation terms...
- These gems come from the world of full-scale aviation, but some of them also fit very well in our scaled-down, fly-with-your-thumbs-while-standing-on-the-ground, world.
- So You Want to Learn to Fly an Airplane While Keeping Your Feet on the Ground?
- Great advice on getting started in model flying.
- Model Links
- Alphabetic listing of lots of modelling links
- Thirty Thousand Feet - Radio Control (R/C) Aircraft
- Links to Radio Control (R/C) Aircraft Web sites.
- Sailplane Links
- Links to sailplane sites, but a lot of this is applicable to electrics.
- Hacker powered videos
- A great selection of big downloadable videos of planes flying with Hacker brushless motors. The Jason Schulman ones and the Diablotin video are amazing.
- Futaba Glossary of Terms
- Futaba has a very comprehensive list of terms used in the RC world. Well worth a bookmark if you don't know what a specific term means.
- British Model Flying Association Handbook 2010
- A comprehensive guide to safe model flying. Some of the content is specific to British flyers, but most is applicable everywhere.
- The Oops List
- Flying mishaps.
- Hooked on RC Airplanes - Where flying radio control is more than a Hobby!
- Plunge into the most addicting yet extremely rewarding hobby of flying RC airplanes with this crash course in model aviation. Just a heads up, once bitten by the bug you will never be the same!
- theParkPilot.org | Getting started
- Great resource for getting started.
- Lots of answers and links to content
- Airfield Models - Radio Control Flying Aircraft and Display Models
- Airfield Models is an excellent resource for all model-builders. Content includes demonstrated construction techniques, how-to's, tips, RC engine information and help with tool selection.
- A basic guide to electric flight from Hobbyking